Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New Zealand and Australia Travels: A visual picture of the journey

Ok, so I've been getting the feeling that some folks are getting the "deer in headlights" look while reading the blog, so here are some visual pics of where we've been traveling.

See below on New Zealand map:

1. Auckland, NZ: Peaches and Silverbeet - written while I was doing the CELTA in Auckland. All in Auckland.

2. Northland Bound: Glow worms, Protests and Long Beaches - written on our sojourn northward from Auckland the first week of Feb.

More to come!: This is where we're traveling now - around the South Island and up through the North back to Auckland. 

And for Australia on the map below:

3. Australia: Land of fire and flood - Written during our trip to Australia for two weeks in the middle of February.


Hope this gives a better view!

2 comments:

James Melone said...

I'm so sorry that I haven't read your blog before this evening (apology directed toward myself). I've been sucked into it much like the American Story Corps writings. It's very real, and I appreciate that. In the roughly two months that you've been writing, I can already see a transformation in you, and I'm excited to follow it though to the end of your journey.

I hope that you choose to turn this into a book when you're finished. Please continue to write about the people that you meet and the conversations/debates that you engage in along the way. I traveled the Pacific, the Indian and Southern Oceans, and the Persian Gulf during my six years in the Navy, and the best part was diving into the local cultures while everyone else flocked to the nearest Hard Rock Cafe or Planet Hollywood. I spent my time in OZ on the West Coast (Freemantle) and on Tasmania, so I enjoy your recounting of adventures on the East Coast.

I hope that you're not becoming discouraged by the waning replies to your posts, because it would be a terrible thing for you to let up at this point. Here's the greatest discovery that I made traveling the world: we're all the same! Keep the details coming... I want to be transported back to my days as a globetrotter!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for helping us Geography-impaired Americans out on this one. Keep blogging--I'm reading each one with great interest, and holding you up as a model to my daughter. "This is what you can do if you get an education, a decent job, and save your money. And for heaven's sake, stay single for a while!"